If you’re in the restaurant or food and beverage industry, then you should consider catering to the average American’s sweet tooth. Americans love their food, but almost across the board, our favorite part of every meal is the delicious dessert. But not everybody is excited about eating sugary and chocolatey foods if they are trying to watch their weight or live a healthier lifestyle.
Luckily, there are plenty of dessert options that are actually good -- or, at least, less bad -- for your customers to enjoy. Here are some tasty snack foods that are both delicious and healthy dessert menu options:
- Yogurt -- Serving some delicious yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit toppings can be a great dessert option for your restaurant. Whether it's greek yogurt with black cherries on top or fresh vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and rhubarb, yogurt makes for a healthy dessert. Even better, yogurt helps with digestion, making it the ideal after dinner snack. Serving fresh yogurt and fruit toppings to your customers will leave them satisfied and feeling much healthier.
- Frozen Yogurt -- Frozen yogurt exploded in popularity in the 21st century, and it remains one of the most popular desserts in the country. Even better, it's a tasty, healthy alternative to traditional desserts. If your restaurant wants to serve up some tasty, low-fat FroYo, then invest in yogurt machines for sale. You can find quality self-service yogurt machines for sale that are easy enough for customers to use on their own, or you can stick the machine behind the counter for employees.
- Ice Cream -- Though many ice cream products aren’t all that great for you, especially if you pile on the toppings, soft serve ice cream certainly is better for the body. Most ice cream products have a fat content between 10% and 18%, but soft serve fat levels are closer to 3% and 6%.
- Chocolate Cake -- Talk to just about anyone, when they think of chocolate cake, they think of one word: unhealthy. But that's actually not always true! Start spreading the news so that your customers are aware that they can indulge in their favorite snack without jeopardizing their health all that much. Chocolate cake, as long as it's served in a decent portion size, can be around 300 calories per serving. Pair that chocolate cake with some fresh berries and some light powdered sugar and watch your customers' faces light up with joy.
- Cheesecake -- There are plenty of lighter cheesecake options that you can serve to accommodate for individuals trying to watch their weight. Serving a light lemon berry cheesecake -- rather than a double peanut butter fudge cheesecake -- will be a delicious and nutritious treat.
If you want to find a yogurt machine for sale, ice cream machine for sale, or other soft serve machine products to help your restaurant succeed, give Soft Serve Parts a call right away.